We are on a mission to a regenerative and circular food system by co-founding new mission-driven ventures. And we want you to join us.
We are looking for people with the ambition to transform our unsustainable food system and have the entrepreneurial itch to address the world's most critical challenges.
The Fresh Program is a venture-building program through which we build ventures from scratch that accelerate the transition to a regenerative and circular food system. It consists of 4 months of team building, systems insights into the food system and early phases of venture building. You join the Fresh program as an individual, armed with the passion to build a better system, the ambition to start a venture, and the capacity to think and do at a high level.
Fresh gives you a full understanding of the challenges within the food system and the more promising pathways for changing it, helps match you with potentially life-long teammates and co-founders, and connects you with an ecosystem of experts and stakeholders who can accelerate your journey towards a working solution.
At the end of the program, high-performing teams will have the opportunity to join the Fresh Studio, co-founding a steward-owned venture together with the Fresh team.
- The program consists of two parts: a digital part and a live part.
- The digital part runs from mid-November, 2021 to mid-December, 2021 and requires a part-time commitment.
- The live and in-person program follows, beginning in February 2022 and running for three months until the end of April 2022. The physical program is a full-time commitment.
What do we offer:
- Co-founder matching: processes that match you with 1-2 complementary and mission-aligned teammates
- Deep expertise: access to a high-quality network of mission-driven experts, investors, practitioners, partners, and financiers to get your venture started
- Stipend and workspaces: resources to cover basic costs of food and housing alongside spaces for teamwork and getting things done
- Founder community: the opportunity to join a close-knit cohort of mission-driven people
- Systemic approach: comprehensive understanding of systems thinking applied to the food system
- Due diligence: the state of the biggest challenges in the food system, the opportunity spaces most in need of attention, and a library of existing ventures, institutes, and resources
- Earmarked capital: from core investors that are mission-aligned and ready to invest
- Structure for impact: steward ownership approaches that safeguard the mission of your venture
- Long-term support: through a growing community of practice
What do you bring:
- Tremendous drive to change the food system
- Intention to start a venture, as well as the grit and perseverance to push through challenges
- Affinity for experimentation, innovation, and challenging the status quo
- Comfort with uncertainty: intent on listening, learning, and challenging your assumptions
- Energy to mobilize supporters and meet the needs of users and beneficiaries
- Capacity to analyze and solve difficult problems
- Ability to communicate your thoughts and ideas clearly and with multiple perspectives in mind